Tuesday, May 26, 2009

English presentation...went well? Hurray!

Well I figured my English presentation would go terribly. Much to my surprise (and pleasure), it seemed like everyone in class really got into my adventure in lateral thinking...thing. Considering my past presentations in English, I was the luckiest person alive. No angry mobs or anything! Although my presentation didn't go exactly as planned, it was awesome.

Basically the presentation was a competition to see who could answer the most puzzles. At the beginning, I said "The winner will get a Charmander" and I pulled out a 4' stuffed Charmander. Part of the trick was that it involved lateral thinking - I was actually going to give away a small Charmander figurine, about an inch or so tall. I never actually said I would give out the giant Charmander, so it would be fine...until an angry mob formed and chased me out of the county. However, the bell rang before it came to that, so no angry mob!

The class did 4 of my 32 puzzles (much smaller than I thought) but they really got enthusiastic over them. Well, at least it seemed that way. And since Sean is still working on them in Journalism, I figure at least someone found it interesting. Hopefully I get a grade reflecting not my oral performance but the students' interest...

I guess that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment